Remothered: Broken Porcelain is Out Today! Upcoming Patches Detailed
Posted on October 13, 2020
Updated 2.0 is now available for Nintendo Switch. The update includes:
- Fixed Jennifer’s arm clipping through her dress while crouching.
- All fixes available in the 2.0 update on Steam.
Updated 2.0 is now available for Xbox One and PS4. The update includes:
- The addition of 4k support.
- All of the fixes available in the 2.0 update on Steam.
Update 2.0 is now Available for Steam and GOG users. The update includes:
- Fixed a bug where a certain character would hide in the wrong spot and cause a soft lock.
- Fixed a certain snow globe not being collectible with the moth power.
- It will no longer be possible for Jennifer to stop walking/talking without reason.
- Very rarely, Stalkers could get stuck on top of each other trying to force open a tied door. Now they can’t at all.
- Fixed an instance where Ashmann wouldn’t move in the cold room.
- Porcelain will no longer freeze in place after getting hit with an item.
- Resolved an exploit where you could bypass a large part of the Rosemary section.
- Fixed some issues with the Luck skill.
- Stalkers used to very rarely get stuck in “searching for player mode” permanently after a reload. That won’t happen anymore.
- Jennifer will no longer become unresponsive if a certain cutscene interrupts her throwing animation.
- If Jennifer was hit when vaulting over an obstacle, there was a small chance she could get stuck inside it.
- Jennifer will now always properly snap to doors when unlocking them with a key.
- Fixed some minor issues with Thai in the tutorials.
- Fixed a bunch of typos in the English subtitles.
- Fixed a weird situation where Andrea could get stuck in a bathroom.
- Some upgraded items would lose their special properties on reload, now they’ll stick around.
- Improved Jennifer’s death animation when she’s killed by fire.
New Xbox One Patch Available as of 3/8. Fixes Include:
- All fixes available in the 3/4 Steam Patch
- Fixed several different graphical errors during the basketball match.
- Some plants in a late-game cinematic would randomly disappear, they will all be there now.
New PS4 Patch Available as of 3/4. Fixes Include:
- All fixes available in the 3/4 Steam Patch
- Fixed an audio out of sync issue in one of the cutscenes.
New Steam and GOG Patch Available as of 3/4. Fixes Include:
- Fixed a rare instance where the user could become soft locked while going through a crawlspace.
- Items that disappeared on reload will now remain in your inventory.
- Improved physics for Jennifer’s hair.
- Fixed a rare soft-lock when interacting with the mirror.
- Removed a sofa in a cinematic that Rosemary would walk through.
- User can no longer use the “look behind” option during conversations with Manni, which produced some weird results.
- Fixed some typos in various languages.
- Fixed a bug where the weapon reload speed was swapped when you maxed out the skills.
- Several different instances where lighting didn’t appear after cutscenes were fixed.
- Players can no longer walk behind Charlie when he’s barking at Jen.
- Stalkers will no longer get stuck in place when walking through tight corridors.
- Improved hot spot detection for items to make it easier to interact with them.
- Stalkers will not longer phase through a door that’s been tied shut with a rope.
New Steam Patch Available as of 2/19. Fixes Include:
- Improved two cutscenes with new camera angles and animations.
- Added music to several different cutscenes to make them more immersive, based on user feedback.
- Fixed an instance where reloading would make Porcelain stop acting.
- Added a tutorial to explain how to use Special items.
- Improved tutorials to explain to the user where to find more in-depth information about the game.
- Fixed a rare situation where Jennifer could get stuck if she crawled through a space while an enemy was blocking the other side.
- Improved Jennifer’s braid moving erratically in some places.
- Electric sparks particle effect will no longer continue to play after an electrical cable is removed.
- Jennifer can no longer avoid some of Porcelain’s attacks by crouching.
- New tutorial for the Moth Eye ability has been added.
- Collectibles menu UI has been improved.
- Pickups in furniture will no longer disappear on reloading a game.
- Andrea used to lose sight of Jennifer very easily at the beginning of the game, but now has better detection.
- Elisa now has an improved animation while washing dishes.
- Fixed an instance where Lindsay would weirdly slide around.
New Nintendo Switch Patch Available as of 2/11. Fixes include:
- All updates available through the 2/10 patch available on Steam.
New PS4 and Xbox One Patch Available as of 2/11. Fixes Include:
- Fixed an animation of Andrea from shaking.
- Jen can no longer interact with lockers while activating the Moth Eye in the locker room, which prevents some weird animations.
- Fixed a rare instance where a certain character could lose their ability to sprint.
- Certain characters will no longer be able to stand on top of potted plants.
- Added some minor missing audio.
- Fixed a situation where the player could see outside of the world boundary.
- Improved the animation for when Porcelain kills Jennifer.
- Players can no longer acquire the fire extinguish before they’re supposed to.
- Porcelain footsteps now properly reflect audio settings.
New Steam Patch Available as of 2/10. Fixes Include:
- Improved the game logic when trying to sneak past Andrea.
- Added some missing facial animations.
- Added a tutorial to help explain how to use special items.
- Added a smoother transition to the end of one of the fight scenes.
- Fixed an instance where Jennifer could become permanently stuck in a crouch.
- Fixed some typos.
- Fixed some issue with the Thai translations.
- Re-added a specific hurt animation.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes Andrea wouldn’t enter the laundry room.
New Steam Patch Available as of 2/4. Fixes Include:
- Andrea would sometimes lose her scissors.
- Fixed some subtitles not appearing/disappearing when they should.
- The moth eye power can no longer be used during certain cutscenes.
- A certain person will no longer do an attack when trying to interact with doors.
- If you use the Call button while controlling that person, he will now whistle instead.
- Fixed some wrong button prompts appearing.
- Jen will now always play the correct animation when unlocking the phone.
- There was a super rare bug where sometimes Elisa wouldn’t leave a room when she was supposed to, leading to softlock. That’s now resolved.
- Improved some animations so that the mouth movement lines up better with the audio.
New Xbox and Nintendo Switch Patch Available as of 1/27. Fixes include:
- All fixes available through the Steam patch on 1/18.
New Steam Patch Available as of 1/25. Fixes Include:
- Fixed certain assets in cut scenes disappearing before they should.
- Fixed a typo in the Italian subtitles.
- Improved audio during QTE.
- Jennifer will no longer stand around uselessly when she should be searching for money.
- Ashmann’s chair have improved collisions, doesn’t hurt his back so much any more.
- Fixed an instance where you could acquire the fire extinguisher early, which caused problems later on.
- Similar fix for the keys to Ashmann’s room.
- Saddest cut scene in the game is now skippable.
New PS4 Patch Available as of 1/25. Fixes include:
- Fix to the “Son of a B*tch” achievement
- All fixes available through the Steam patch on 1/18.
New Steam Patch Available as of 1/18. Fixes Include:
- Resolved an instance where Porcelain could become stuck in his idle animation during a boss encounter. Fixed a very specific situation where Jennifer could become permanently stuck repeating the same animation over and over.
- Improved the animations when Stalkers grab the player.
- Added achievement translations for when your Steam client is in a non-English language.
- Made it easier for [REDACTED] to kill [REDACTED].
- Enhanced the vault animation to make it smoother.
- Fixed a handful of typos.
- Did some more volume adjustments.
New Steam Patch Available as of 1/8. Fixes Include:
- Fixed some instances where characters would unnaturally snap into place.
- Made a global change that SHOULD prevent players from losing control of Jennifer.
- Quick Time Event indicators will now appear on screen if they would have gone off-screen.
- Solved an instance where a user could become soft locked by saving and reloading at a specific point.
- Invert Axis will now work correctly with the Moth ability.
New Nintendo Switch Patch Available as of 1/8. Fixes Include:
- Brings Switch current to the 12/23 Xbox One and PS4 Patches.
New Steam and GOG Patch Available as of 12/24. Fixes Include:
- Solves a softlock where you could lose the key to the cinema room.
- Andrea wasn’t always turning into her “Evil” version on Cue, that’s been resolved.
- Rarely the player could lose control of Jennifer after using the moth power.
- Improved camera logic for one scene towards the end of the game to prevent a softlock.
New Xbox One and PS4 Patch Available as of 12/23. Fixes Include:
- All Steam patch items through the 12/19 update.
New Steam Patch Available as of 12/19. Fixes include:
We’re happy to announce that Russian has been added as a language option to Remothered: Brokein Porcelain! In addition, this patch also contains a good number of bug fixes:
- Fixed a rare instance where moth keys could go into the negatives.
- Fixed typos in a few different languages
- Made it so the wheelchair will always spawn in the correct location, which prevents a softlock.
- Enemies could rarely “touch” Jennifer while in a hiding spot, then they’d aggro and beat her to death. That won’t happen any more.
- Thanks to our wonderful Discord group (https://discord.gg/modus) we identified and fixed an issue that could prevent certain achievements from unlocking.
- Door to the balcony in the restaurant will now always open.
New Steam Patch Available as of 12/12. Fixes include:
- Fixed a couple of instances where Porcelain could get permanently stuck.
- Changed some audio lines to not play at inappropriate times.
- Jennifer will no longer fall out of the world when hiding in a specific locker.
- Fixed a rare situation where the player could lose control of the camera.
- Made the moths 22% moth-ier.
New Steam and GOG patch available as of 12/9. Fixes include:
- Improved lighting in several different scenes.
- Fixed an instance of music playing at the wrong time.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed for infinite skill leveling up.
- Changed the volume of certain sound effects to be more realistic
- Added Cloud Saves
New Xbox, PS4, and Switch Patch Available as of 12/1, 12/2, and 12/9 respectively. Fixes Include:
- All updates through the 12/1 Steam patch.
- Fixed an exploit that made completing the Restaurant section trivial.
- Fixed an issue where Porcelain wouldn’t spawn properly in one specific section if loaded from an autosave.
- Solved an issue where sometimes Porcelain could become invincible.
- Hired an exorcist to remove the ghosts that was causing some dolls to float in the air.
- Fixed some music playing at the wrong time.
- Made it slightly easier for the prompt to backstab enemies to appear.
- Reduced volume of footsteps to sound more realistic.
New Steam Patch Available as of 12/1. Fixes Include:
- Fixed a brief hang that happened at the start of some cinematics
- Smoothed transitions between some scenes
- Fixed a couple of instances where the player could lose control of Jennifer.
- Can no longer use the moth power to see outside the world boundary.
- Added some missing SFX
- Added a bunch of dynamic camera shots
- Ashmann will no longer teleport through objects to grab Jen.
- Fixed some subtitle timing mismatches.
- Fixed a video not playing in the extras menu.
New Steam Patch Available as of 11/23. Fixes Include:
- Red Nun can no longer get stuck on the balcony.
- Fixed a really bizarre loss of input when buying a power-up in a specific situation.
- Red Nun can now be KO’d in the restaurant.
- Addressed some audio balancing issues.
- Moth power indicator should always show if it can be used or not.
- Additional Bug Fixes and Improvements
New PS4 Patch Available as of 11/23!
This patch brings the PlayStation 4 versions current with the 1.1.6 update that was published to Steam on 11/4. For details read all patch notes up through 11/4 posting.
New Steam Patch Available as of 11/18. Fixes Include:
- Enemies will no longer get stuck waiting for outside of a hiding spot.
- Added some missing animations.
- Fixed a few instances of music playing incorrectly.
- Resolved some typos in the subtitles.
- Hotspot indicators should no longer appear during cut scenes.
- Additional bug fixes and improvements.
New Nintendo Switch Patch is Available as of 11/18!
This patch brings the Nintendo Switch version current to the 1.1.6 update that was published to Steam on 11/4. For details read all patch notes up through the 11/4 posting.
New Steam Patch Available as of 11/14 Patch: Fixes Include
- Fixes control issues in QTE sequences
- Addresses timing of cutscenes
- Animation polishes for certain character and boss movements
- Addresses timing for musical cues
- Various fixes for certain boss fights
- Fixes various subtitle issues
New Steam Patch Available as of 11/10 Patch: Fixes Include
- Fixed facial animations for specific sequences
- Polish on stalker movement animations
- Various text corrections and menu polishes
- Additional minor bug fixes
New Steam Patch Available as of 11/6 Patch: Fixes Include
- Added button callouts for statuine menus
- Fixed facial animations in several critical scenes
- Made item pickups easier to interact with
- Various moth power polishes and glitch fixes
New Steam Patch Available as of 11/4 Patch: Fixes include:
- Fixed timing of certain cutscenes
- Added polish for Locker Room Boss Fight for moth power usage
- Fixed glitches related to boss character animations
New Steam Patch Available as of 10/30 Patch: Fixes include:
- Andrea healing behavior is fixed.
- Various visual glitches fixed
- Fixes for character getting stuck in corners.
- Fixed order of cinematics in Cutscenes menu.
New Steam Patch Available as of 10/28 Patch: Fixes include:
- Polishes for boss AI behavior
- Bug fixes on VO and speaking facial animations
- Fixed scaling of videos for widescreen displays
- Fixed skills UI
New Steam Patch Available as of 10/27 Patch: Fixes include:
- Moth power is overhauled with improved usability
- Players will be able to view the “Brain” menu while hiding
- Character animations corrected when moving along stairs and other raised areas in the environment
- Improved dodging mechanics to prevent getting stuck in the environment
- Video Settings are properly saved
- Collision detection improvements
- Fixed trajectory of objects being thrown by certain player characters
- AI logic for navigating through environment improved
- Fixed several instances where dialogue would not play correctly
- Boss battle refinements
- Improved item placement throughout levels
- Animation fixes for stalker kills and other camera clipping issues
New Patches for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 Available as of 10/23! Fixes include:
New Steam Patch Available as of 10/23! Fixes include:
- Electrical cable will no longer spark when it’s not there anymore.
- Can no longer place door items (rope, cable, etc) on locked doors.
- Reduced the amount of times one of Jennifer’s lines plays.
- Enemies should be better about throwing you out of a corner if you get stuck.
- Fixed a few more instances where the player could lose control of Jennifer.
- Fixed a really bizarre instance where players couldn’t upgrade skills if their save slots were full.
- Jen will now stay crouching after using the moth power, if you were crouched beforehand.
- Improved music playing consistently when Stalkers spot you.
New Steam Patch Available as of 10/21! Fixes include:
- Video setting save properly.
- Fixed some lighting issues in a specific cinematic.
- Resolved a number of different edge cases where the user could lose control of Jennifer.
- Crafting tutorial should only show up once now.
- Power ups now properly carry over game to game.
- Now users will not be able to interact with things while a cinematic is playing.
- Jennifer will no longer spawn in the middle of an empty world in certain scenarios.
- Improved behavior of the moth power to be more consistent.
- The “Don’t use a save point” achievement can now be collected if you use a hypnosis spot for healing.
- Moths can no longer be spawned outside of walls.
- Sound effects (screams, gunshots, etc) will no longer play during loading screens.
- Added back in certain sound effects that somehow went missing.
- Andrea’s voicelines will now no longer play when using the dodge skill on Porcelain.
- There was a rare case where the player could lose control of Jennifer after she interacted with a mirror, this has been resolved.
- There were some strange cases where Porcelain wouldn’t spawn in the underground bunker, those bugs have been squashed.
- Elisa promises she won’t forget how to open doors ever again.
- Jennifer can now lose the basketball game.
New Steam Patch Available as of 10/19! Fixes include:
- Key Rebinding has been temporarily disabled.
- Stalkers should have a harder time seeing you while crouching.
- Enemies will no longer get stuck trying to climb over rails.
- Sometimes enemies would try to peek through doors causing them to get stuck.
- Stalkers will no longer politely wait for you to finish peeking through a door before trying to stab you to death.
- Crafting power ups will now be visible on a game reload.
- Andrea will no longer glide in place after being stunned by a moth.
- Fixed an instance of saving and reloading where you wouldn’t have a key you need.
- Lindsay is now better at basketball, dreams one day of being star forward.
New Steam Patch Available as of 10/17! Fixes include:
- Fixed some instances where characters appeared during cinematics who weren’t supposed to be there.
- Texture Quality is now always properly reflected in settings.
- Spamming the cover button will not make inputs be dropped.
- Fixed instances where Ashmann sometimes would not aggro on Jennifer correctly.
- Removed the ability to vault over the railing towards the end of the game.
- Jennifer will no longer become invincible if hit by multiple enemies on the same frame.
- You can no longer spam vault over and over.
- Added some sound effects.
- Some items could just disappear if you clicked the wrong button, they won’t do that any more.
- Game used to hang when trying to load corrupted data, but now it will not display the corrupted save at all.
New Steam Patch Available as of 10/16! Fixes include:
- Made it so that when a Stalker is actively pursuing you, most interactables like hiding spots, locked doors, drawers, etc cannot be interacted with. You can still pick up items and open doors, of course, but this should prevent you from accidentally opening a drawer and then being stabbed to death.
- Changed Ashmann’s behavior after the confrontation in his office so that he can no longer be backstabbed. This was causing confusion among players and the objective should be clearer now.
- Fixed more instances where the player could lose control of Jennifer.
- Enemies will no longer pull you out of a loophole and immediately throw you in a loop.
- Sometimes Elisa forgot how to open a door. She’ll remember now.
- Reduced colliders on the car in the garage to make shooting easier.
- Moved a really inconveniently placed chair in Ashmanns office to somewhere more out of the way.
- Some miscellaneous bug fixes.
New Steam Patch Available as of 10/15! Fixes include:
- Brazilian Portuguese is now available.
- The moth power will now bounce off of obstacles instead of becoming stuck. We will continue to fine-tune this behavior.
- Added a 1-second buffer to the start of cut scenes where they are unskippable, to prevent cinematics being skipped by accident.
- Several situations that resulted in the player no longer being able to control Jennifer or prevented progress have been resolved.
- Andrea will now remain knocked out after saving and reloading after acquiring her key.
- Fixed some cases where an enemy would become stuck on objects.
- Jennifer no longer has the ability to attack after she has been killed.
New Steam Patch Available as of 10/14! Fixes include:
- Japanese language is now available
- Stalkers now attack with less frequency to give more chances to escape them
- Main character movement and collisions were fine-tuned to make exploration and escapes smoother
- Defeating Andrea now requires less attacks
- Stalkers now grab players less frequently
- In various instances, some items were lost when reloading a saved game or checkpoint, among those Key Items and Moth Keys
- Young Ashmann could appear alongside Old Ashmann in specific scenes
- Sometimes throwing items would have no effect on enemies
- General bug fixes for graphical glitches and camera clippings for specific instances
- No icons were shown in certain tutorials
New PS4 Patch Now Available as of 10/14! Fixes include:
- Resolves an issue where inventory items were lost in certain situations
- Fixes situations where the user would lose control of the player character.
- Fixes an issue where leveled up skills were not kept on reload in certain situations.
- Made some changes to the laundry room to increase playability.
- Solved certain subtitles missing.
- Fixed a crash related to using the jukebox.
- Resolved a spacing issue causing text to appear instead of an image in certain instructional text in some languages.
- Fixed a line of audio that didn’t play.
- Fixed an improper animation in the laundry room.
- Resolved a lighting error that made characters appear incredibly pale when near fire.
New Patch Now Available on Steam as of 10/13:
- Andrea will no longer become unresponsive after dying and respawning during a specific event.
- Fixed a softlock that involved Ashmann killing Jennifer before opening the door to the kitchen.
- Fixed some Untranslated text in the tutorial menu.
- Identified and resolved a bug where sometimes settings were not properly saved.
- Solved some audio inconsistencies in a few sequences.
- Character skins no longer light up in a strange way when close to fire.
- Made it so that subtitles no longer remain on screen when a sequence with subtitles is skipped.
- “Skip” button prompt for end credits appears “B” as opposed “A” through the rest of the game, fixed.
- Changed interaction boxes for furniture close to doors to not overlap the interactions.
Today, we launched Remothered: Broken Porcelain on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC! Firstly, we would like to thank everyone who is exploring the halls of the Ashmann Inn today and uncovering its dark secrets. You can check out the launch trailer here:
This October is particularly packed with some great horror experiences, and we wanted to release Remothered: Broken Porcelain early in order to give players the opportunity to try them all. These changing timelines meant that some of the fixes we had planned for console didn’t make it into the day one patch but are being resolved in upcoming patches.
There are currently day one patches available on each console, and we highly recommend users download these patches for the best experience.
Everything listed below is currently available on Steam and will be arriving on consoles via a patch in the coming days:
- Add tutorial menus to thoroughly explain every mechanic in the game
- Quality of life improvements
- Addition of the Brazilian Portuguese language
- Fixes skill reset
- Fixes for specific unnatural cloth movements
- Fixes a known exploit dodging certain enemy attacks
- Fixes specific unnatural lighting behavior
- Improved hair physics
- Various minor animation bug fixes
- Various minor polish improvements
- Various performance improvements
We will be updating this news article and our social channels with patch information as they become available on various platforms. If you have other bugs to report or want to discuss the game, join our Discord server and look for the Remothered channel!